The height of the broad peak is 8047 meters/26,401 ft. It is called Broad Peak because of its breadth at the top. It has also been called enormous triple-headed Breithorn (4165 meters high three-headed peak of European Alps) of the Baltoro. In 1954, Dr. Karl M. Herligkoffer of West Germany tried to climb it. The name of Broad Peak introduced by W.M.Convey a British explorer during his expedition in 1892. In Balti language name of Broad Peak is Phalchan Kangri(Falchan Kangri.), because of its breadth at the top. In 1954 Dr.Karl M.Herligkoffer of West Germany tried to climb it. The party made an attempt, however, did not meet with success because of a storm and a very low temperature. Austrian expedition came to Pakistan in 1957 to climb this peak. It was lead by Marcus Schmuck with Fritz Wintersteller, Kurt Diemberger an Austrian climber and photographer and a legendary mountaineer and Hermann Buhl, who is considered one of the best known postwar Austrian climber. It began a reconnaissance of a ridge on the western face of the mountain. Consequently, it climbed a snow gully and camped at 5791-M. On the 19th of May 1957, all members of the expedition left camp III for an assault on the summit. A storm forced them to return to the base camp; It was however on the 9th June 157 that Marcus Schmuck, Fritz Wintersteller, Kurt Diemberger, and Hermann Buhl climbed the peak without using O2 and high altitude porters.
Day 01: Islamabad: Arrive Islamabad.
Day 02: Islamabad: Welcome reception at Alpine Club of Pakistan.
Day 03: Skardu/Chilas: Fly to Skardu. In case of cancellation of flight drive to Chilas.
Day 04: Chilas/Skardu: Day free at Skardu. If you are driving, complete road journey (07–08 hrs) to Skardu.
Day 05: Askole (3000m): By jeeps drive to Askole (6-7 hrs).
Day 06-12: Trek to Broad Peak Base Camp.
Day 13-58: 66 days for acclimatization and climbing.
Day 59-62: Trek back to Hushe via Gondogoro La and drive back to Skardu.
Day 63: Islamabad/Chilas: Fly to Islamabad. In case of flight cancellation drive to Chilas.
Day 64: Islamabad: Leisure day at Islamabad. In case of driving, complete rod journey from Chilas to Islamabad.
Day 65: Islamabad: Farewell meeting at Alpine Club of Pakistan.
Day 66: Fly Out: Transfer to airport for your return flight home
What is include in service?
- Liaison with the ministry of tourism in Islamabad for permit process and measurement of Liaison officer.
- The process of import and export permit from the ministry of tourism.
- Clearance of cargo before the arrival of the team and its storage.
- Welcome reception and meeting at Alpine Club of Pakistan in Islamabad.
- Hotel accommodation and meals as per given hotels in the itinerary.
- All meals during Trek and at base camp.
- All road transfers. And sightseeing as per itinerary. Porterage of 75 kg per person of expedition equipment and high altitude food etc. To BC and 50 kg per person on return from base camp.
- Sleeping tents, mattresses, mess, kitchen and toilet tent with tables, stools and camping ground fee.
- Kitchen equipment, crockery, cutlery, fuel, and related community gear.
- Wages and basic kit of the guide, Sardar, cook, and assistant.
- Insurance of our field staff and low altitude porters (except helicopter rescue).
- Mail handling/ forwarding to BC.
- Reconfirmation of the air ticket.
- All expenses of Liaison officer.
- Pollution fee 200 $
- CKNP fee 68 $ per person.
What is not included in service?
- International air ticket and airport taxes.
- Visa fee to Pakistan and personal insurance of the client.
- Cargo fee and customs charges for import and export.
- Sleeping bags, personal clothing and climbing gear of any kind beyond base camp including high altitude food and oxygen.
- Room services, laundry, beverages, personal phone calls, and soft drinks.
- Medications ground evacuations and helicopter rescue charges ( ca, 10,000 $) etc.
- Food above base camp for members and high altitude porters etc.
- Porters and staff tips.
- Any other services which are not mentioned in given Services include.
At a Glance
|No. of Days:||66|
Islamabad: Envoy Hotel/ Grand Regency Hotel
Besham: PTDC Motel
Chilas: Panaroma Inn/Shangrilla Midway
Skardu: PTDC/Concordia Motel
Fixed Departure 2019, Broad Peak
- 10th June until 14th August