Diran Peak situated in Minapin Nagar valley, in Rakaposhi and Harmosh mountain regions. It is also one of the easy accessible peak being lying on the Karakuram Highway. It is a tremendous, fascinating and most beautiful peak. Diran stands prominently offering a panoramic view to Hunza valley adding to its rugged beauty. The entire ascent is on snow slops with bare rock only peeping here and there. The South face is dominating the Bagrot valley also visible from Karakoram Highway. This face is little more difficult yet safer for snow and ice avalanches. The higher slope is smooth but wind-blown. In 1968 Austrain Expedition members summit Diran successfully.
Day 01 : Islamabad
Arrive Islamabad. Overnight in hotel.
Day 02 : Islamabad/Chilas
Fly to Gilgit or drive on Karakoram Highway to Chilas. Overnight at hotel
Day 03 : Gilgit or Chilas/Minapin
Complete road journey (6–7 hrs) to Minapin (220 km). The journey from Chilas to Minapin is on Karakorum Highway along the Indus, which divides the Karakorum and Himalayas.
Day 04 :Minapin – Hapakun (3450m)
Trek to Hapakun a steep slope starts from Minapin. Three hours trek is through a Juniper forest. Overnight in camp.
Day 05 : Hapakun – Tagafari (3700m)
Trek to Tagafari trail through forest takes 3-4 hours with excellent views of Diran. Overnight in camp.
Day 06 : Tagafari –Base camp (3900m)
Trek to Diran base camp takes 3:4 hours to reach Overnight in camp
Day 07-30 : 24 days for climbing on Diran Peak.
Day 31 : Tagafari : Minapin – Karimabad (7-8 hrs trek/ 45 min drive).
Trek down to Minapin and drive to Karimabad. Overnight at hotel.
Day 32 : Karimabad:
Free day, explore Karimabad Hunza Valley.
Day 33 : Karimabad/Besham:
Drive to Besham (460km) on KKH it will take 13 to 14 hours. Overnight at hotel.
Day 34 : Besham/ Islamabad
Drive to Islamabad (270km), it will take 06 to 07 hours. Afternoon De-briefing at Alpine club of Pakistan Overnight at hotel.
Day 35 : Fly Out
Transfer to airport for your return flight home.
What is include in service?:
- Liaison with ministry of tourism in Islamabad for permit process and measurement of Liaison officer.
- Process of import and export permit from ministry of tourism.
- Clearance of cargo before arrival of the team and its storage.
- Welcome reception and meeting at Alpine Club of Pakistan in Islamabad.
- Hotel accommodation and meals as per given hotels in itinerary.
- All meals during Trek and at base camp.
- All road transfers. And sightseeing as per itinerary. Porterage of 75 kg per person of expedition equipment and high altitude food etc. To BC and 50 kg per person on return from base camp.
- Sleeping tents, mattresses, mess, kitchen and toilet tent with tables, stools and camping ground fee.
- Kitchen equipment, crockery, cutlery, fuel and related community gear.
- Wages and basic kit of guide, Sardar, cook and assistant.
- Insurance of our field staff and low altitude porters (except helicopter rescue).
- Mail handling/ forwarding to BC.
- Reconfirmation of air ticket.
- All expenses of Liaison officer.
- Pollution fee 200 $
- CKNP fee 68 $ per person.
What is not include in service?:
- International air ticket and air port taxes.
- Visa fee to Pakistan and personal insurance of the client.
- Cargo fee and custom charges for import and export.
- Sleeping bags, personal clothing and climbing gear of any kind beyond base camp including high altitude food and oxygen.
- Room services, laundry, beverages, personal phone calls and soft drinks.
- Medications ground evacuations and helicopter rescue charges ( ca, 10,000 $) etc.
- Food above base camp for members and high altitude porters etc.
- Porters and staff tips.
- Any other services which is not mentioned in given Services include.
At a Glance
|No. of Days:||35|
Islamabad: Rejency Inn/ Grand Regency Hotel
Besham: PTDC Motel
Chilas: Panaroma Inn/Shangrilla Midway
Hunza: Hunza Embassy/Hunza Baltit Inn
Fixed Departure 2018, Diran Peak
- 18th June 2018
- Starting Price: 2690-00 Euro
- Maximum Price: 4150-00 Euro
- Recommended Route: North Face & West Ridge