Gasherbrum is a remote group of high peaks in the Karakoram, located at the northeast end of the 36-mile Baltoro
Gasherbrum-I is one to the “least popular” of the 8000-meter peaks. It still has less than 200 ascents and is in the tenth spot on the ascent-list for the 8000-meter peaks. It is also one of the peaks with the least deaths, but this probably has to do with the fact that only really experienced mountaineers try a peak as difficult at Gasherbrum-I. The first ascent (1958) was made via Spur Peak and then via the long southeast ridge to the summit.
Day 01 : Arrival Islamabad. overnight hotel.
Day 02 : Flight to Skardu. In case of flight cancellation drive to Chilas
Day 03 : Rest day/ Drive to Skardu
Day 04 : Skardu local preparation – Briefing at Tourism Office, Skardu
Day 05 : Drive to Askoli. overnight hotel
Day 06 : Trek to Jhola. overnight camp
Day 07 : Trek to Paiju. overnight camp
Day 08 : Pajju Rest Day. Camp
Day 09 :Trek to Urdukus. Camp
Day 10 : Trek to Goro. Camp
Day 11 : Trek to Shagring. Camp
Day 12 : Trek to Gashabrum-I Base Camp. overnight camp
Day 13-51 : Climbing Period G-I
Day 52-56 : Return to Askoli/Hushe via Gondogoro La
Day 57: Drive to Skardu – Afternoon De-briefing at Ministry of Tourism, Skardu Office
Day 58: Fly to Islamabad or Drive to Chilas
Day 59: Islamabad free day/Arrive to Islamabad
Day 60: Transfer Airport for onward flight
What is include in Service?:
- Liaison with the ministry of tourism in Islamabad for permit process and measurement of Liaison officer.
- The process of import and export permit from the ministry of tourism.
- Clearance of cargo before the arrival of the team and its storage.
- Welcome reception and meeting at Alpine Club of Pakistan in Islamabad.
- Hotel accommodation and meals as per given hotels in itinerary.
- All meals during Trek and at base camp.
- All road transfers. And sightseeing as per itinerary. Porterage of 75 kg per person of expedition equipment and high altitude food etc. To BC and 50 kg per person on return from base camp.
- Sleeping tents, mattresses, mess, kitchen and toilet tent with tables, stools and camping ground fee.
- Kitchen equipment, crockery, cutlery, fuel, and related community gear.
- Wages and basic kit of the guide, Sardar, cook, and assistant.
- Insurance of our field staff and low altitude porters (except helicopter rescue).
- Mail handling/ forwarding to BC.
- Reconfirmation of the air ticket.
- All expenses of Liaison officer.
- Pollution fee 200 $
- CKNP fee 68 $ per person.
What is not include in service?:
- International air ticket and airport taxes.
- Visa fee to Pakistan and personal insurance of the client.
- Cargo fee and customs charges for import and export.
- Sleeping bags, personal clothing and climbing gear of any kind beyond base camp including high altitude food and oxygen.
- Room services, laundry, beverages, personal phone calls and soft drinks.
- Medications ground evacuations and helicopter rescue charges ( ca, 10,000 $) etc.
- Food above base camp for members and high altitude porters etc.
- Porters and staff tips.
- Any other services which is not mentioned in given Services include.
At a Glance
|No. of Days:||60|
Islamabad: Envoy Hotel/ Grand Regency Hotel
Besham: PTDC Motel
Chilas: Panaroma Inn/Shangrilla Midway
Skardu: PTDC/Concordia Motel
- 16th June until 21st August 2019
- Starting Price: 5290-00 Euro
- Maximum Price: 9095-00 Euro
- Recommended Route: