At the head of the Baltoro Glacier, at the end of one of the world’s most famed mountain walks, lies the heaviest and most remote concentration of high peaks on the planet.
Gasherbrum II is part of the greater Gasherbrum group of 5 peaks, 2 of which soar over 8000m, and is the world’s 13th highest mountain. She is roundly held as one of the most straight-forward and accessible of the fourteen, and climbers on her normal route, if sufficiently resourced and prepared, enjoy reasonable summit rates in clement weather.
It was first climbed on July 8, 1956 by Fritz Moravec, Josef Larch and Hans Willen part of an Austrian expedition. Its total estimated hight is 8035 meters.
Day 01 : Arrival Islamabad. overnight hotel.
Day 02 : Flight to Skardu. Incase of flight cancellation drive to Chilas
Day 03 : Rest day/ Drive to Skardu
Day 04 : Skardu local preparation – Briefing at Tourism Office, Skardu
Day 05 : Drive to Askoli. overnight hotel
Day 06 : Trek to Jhola. overnight camp
Day 07 : Trek to Paiju. overnight camp
Day 08 : Pajju Rest Day. Camp
Day 09 : Trek to Urdukus. Camp
Day 10 : Trek to Goro. Camp
Day 11 : Trek to Shagring. Camp
Day 12 : Trek to Gashabrum-I Base Camp. overnight camp
Day 13-51 : Climbing Period Gashabrum-II
Day 52-56 : Return to Askoli/Hushe via Gondogoro La
Day 57 : Drive to Skardu – Afteroon De-briefing at Ministry of Tourism, Skardu Office
Day 58: Fly to Islamabad or Drive to Chilas
Day 59 : Islamabad free day/Arrive to Islamabad
Day 60 : Transfer Airport for onward flight
What is include in Service?
- Liaison with ministry of tourism in Islamabad for permit process and measurement of Liaison officer.
- Process of import and export permit from ministry of tourism.
- Clearance of cargo before arrival of the team and its storage.
- Welcome reception and meeting at Alpine Club of Pakistan in Islamabad.
- Hotel accommodation and meals as per given hotels in itinerary.
- All meals during Trek and at base camp.
- All road transfers. And sightseeing as per itinerary. Porterage of 75 kg per person of expedition equipment and high altitude food etc. To BC and 50 kg per person on return from base camp.
- Sleeping tents, mattresses, mess, kitchen and toilet tent with tables, stools and camping ground fee.
- Kitchen equipment, crockery, cutlery, fuel and related community gear.
- Wages and basic kit of guide, Sardar, cook and assistant.
- Insurance of our field staff and low altitude porters (except helicopter rescue).
- Mail handling/ forwarding to BC.
- Reconfirmation of air ticket.
- All expenses of Liaison officer.
- Pollution fee 200 $
- CKNP fee 68 $ per person.
What is not include in Service?
- International air ticket and air port taxes.
- Visa fee to Pakistan and personal insurance of the client.
- Cargo fee and custom charges for import and export.
- Sleeping bags, personal clothing and climbing gear of any kind beyond base camp including high altitude food and oxygen.
- Room services, laundry, beverages, personal phone calls and soft drinks.
- Medications ground evacuations and helicopter rescue charges ( ca, 10,000 $) etc.
- Food above base camp for members and high altitude porters etc.
- Porters and staff tips.
- Any other services which is not mentioned in given Services include.
At a Glance
|No. of Days:||60|
Islamabad: Rejency Inn/ Grand Regency Hotel
Besham: PTDC Motel
Chilas: Panaroma Inn/Shangrilla Midway
Skardu: PTDC/Concordia Motel
- 5th July 2017
- Starting Price: 5390-00 Euro
- Maximum Price: 10150-00 Euro
- Recommended Route: The South West Ridge