K2, the second-highest mountain on Earth, is located in the Karakoram segment of the Himalayan range, on the border between the Gilgit-Baltistan region of Pakistan administered Northern Areas and the Taxkorgan Tajik Autonomous County of Xinjiang, China.
Day 01: Islamabad: Arrive Islamabad.
Day 02: Islamabad: Welcome reception at Alpine Club of Pakistan.
Day 03: Skardu/Chilas: Fly to Skardu. In case of cancellation of flight drive to Chilas.
Day 04: Chilas/Skardu: Day free at Skardu. If you are driving, complete road journey (07–08 hrs) to Skardu.
Day 05: Askole (3000m): By jeeps drive to Askole (6-7 hrs).
Day 06-12: Trek to K2 Base Camp.
Day 13-58: 66 days for acclimatization and climbing.
Day 59-62: Trek back to Hushe via Gondogoro La and drive back to Skardu.
Day 63: Islamabad/Chilas: Fly to Islamabad. In case of flight cancellation drive to Chilas.
Day 64: Islamabad: Leisure day at Islamabad. In case of driving, complete rod journey from Chilas to Islamabad.
Day 65: Islamabad: Farewell meeting at Alpine Club of Pakistan.
Day 66: Fly Out: Transfer to airport for your return flight home
What is included is service?
- Liaison with the ministry of tourism in Islamabad for permit process and measurement of Liaison officer.
- The process of import and export permit from the ministry of tourism.
- Clearance of cargo before the arrival of the team and its storage.
- Welcome reception and meeting at Alpine Club of Pakistan in Islamabad.
- Hotel accommodation and meals as per given hotels in the itinerary.
- All meals during Trek and at base camp.
- All road transfers. And sightseeing as per itinerary. Porterage of 75 kg per person of expedition equipment and high altitude food etc. To BC and 50 kg per person on return from base camp.
- Sleeping tents, mattresses, mess, kitchen and toilet tent with tables, stools and camping ground fee.
- Kitchen equipment, crockery, cutlery, fuel, and related community gear.
- Wages and basic kit of the guide, Sardar, cook, and assistant.
- Insurance of our field staff and low altitude porters (except helicopter rescue).
- Mail handling/ forwarding to BC.
- Reconfirmation of the air ticket.
- All expenses of Liaison officer.
- Pollution fee 200 $
- CKNP fee 68 $ per person.
What is not included in service?
- International air ticket and airport taxes.
- Visa fee to Pakistan and personal insurance of the client.
- Cargo fee and customs charges for import and export.
- Sleeping bags, personal clothing and climbing gear of any kind beyond base camp including high altitude food and oxygen.
- Room services, laundry, beverages, personal phone calls, and soft drinks.
- Medications ground evacuations and helicopter rescue charges ( ca, 10,000 $) etc.
- Food above base camp for members and high altitude porters etc.
- Porters and staff tips.
- Any other services which are not mentioned in given Services include.
At a Glance
|No. of Days:||66|
Islamabad: Envoy Hotel/ Grand Regency Hotel
Besham: PTDC Motel
Chilas: Panaroma Inn/Shangrilla Midway
Skardu: PTDC/Concordia Motel