The Latok group is a small cluster of dramatic rock peaks in the Panmah Muztagh. Latok-II Peak 7108m and Latok-I Peak 7151m of the central Karakoram mountain range in Pakistan. They lie just to the east of the Ogre group, dominated by Baintha Brak. To the immediate south of the Latok group lies the Baintha Lukpar Glacier, a small tributary of the Biafo Glacier, one of the main glaciers of the Karakoram. On the north side of the group lies the Choktoi Glacier.
Day 01: Arrival at Islamabad, Transfer to Hotel
Day 02: Briefing at Ministry of tourism and sightseeing.
Day 03: Fly to Skardu/Drive to Chilas Overnight hotel
Day 04: Drive to Skardu 12 hours/Rest Day Skardu. overnight hotel
Day 05: Rest Day at Skardu.
Day 06: Drive to Askoli by Jeep 7 to 8 hours. Overnight Camp.
Day 07: Trek from Askoli to Namla.Overnight Camp.
Day 08: Namla to Shafon. Overnight camp
Day 09: Shafon to Qumiya Basecamp. Overnight camp
Day 10: Qumiya to Latok Basecamp. overnight camp
Day 11: Rest day at Base camp
Day 12: 30 days reserved for climbing activities
Day 43: Back from Basecamp to Shafon overnight Camp.
Day 44: Trek to Askoli. Overnight Camp
Day 45: Drive to Skardu. overnight hotel
Day 46: Fly to Islamabad/drive to Chilas. Overnight hotel.
Day 47: Drive to Islambad/ Debriefing at Ministry of Tourism
Day 48: De-briefing at Ministry of Tourism
Day 49: Departure for next destination
What is include in Service?
- Liaison with ministry of tourism in Islamabad for permit process and measurement of Liaison officer.
- Process of import and export permit from ministry of tourism.
- Clearance of cargo before arrival of the team and its storage.
- Welcome reception and meeting at Alpine Club of Pakistan in Islamabad.
- Hotel accommodation and meals as per given hotels in itinerary.
- All meals during Trek and at base camp.
- All road transfers. And sightseeing as per itinerary. Porterage of 75 kg per person of expedition equipment and high altitude food etc. To BC and 50 kg per person on return from base camp.
- Sleeping tents, mattresses, mess, kitchen and toilet tent with tables, stools and camping ground fee.
- Kitchen equipment, crockery, cutlery, fuel and related community gear.
- Wages and basic kit of guide, Sardar, cook and assistant.
- Insurance of our field staff and low altitude porters (except helicopter rescue).
- Mail handling/ forwarding to BC.
- Reconfirmation of air ticket.
- All expenses of Liaison officer.
- Pollution fee 200 $
- CKNP fee 68 $ per person.
What is not include in Service?
- International air ticket and air port taxes.
- Visa fee to Pakistan and personal insurance of the client.
- Cargo fee and custom charges for import and export.
- Sleeping bags, personal clothing and climbing gear of any kind beyond base camp including high altitude food and oxygen.
- Room services, laundry, beverages, personal phone calls and soft drinks.
- Medications ground evacuations and helicopter rescue charges ( ca, 10,000 $) etc.
- Food above base camp for members and high altitude porters etc.
- Porters and staff tips.
- Any other services which is not mentioned in given Services include.
At a Glance
|No. of Days:||49|
Islamabad: Envoy Hotel/ Grand Regency Hotel
Besham: PTDC Motel
Chilas: Panaroma Inn/Shangrilla Midway
Skardu: PTDC/Concordia Motel