Manglik Sar is a Mountain Located at Shimshal Valley in Gilgit-Baltistan, Pakistan. The mountain, located in the Karakoram and southernmost part of Pamir mountain ranges, is 6050meters high. It was 1st climbed in 1988 by the famous Pakistani Climber Nazir Sabir. It is a non-technical snow Peak, the required equipment consists of cramps and Ice axe for the last part, The slopes are rather steep, from 30 to 35degrees. It is one day climb normally with 1500M ascent and 1500M descent from base camp. You may need to know some basic climbing technique and also required good physical fitness. From the summit you can see mighty K2, Yashkun garden 7400m Baraldu Valley, Mustagh Ranges, Pamir and Kanjut Sar 7760m.
Arrival at Islamabad, meet our Guide ,transfer to hotel, afternoon sights seeing in Rawalpindi and Islamabad, Visit Shakarparian hill and take lunch with good view to City. Your tour commences with a visit to the Institute of Folk Heritage, a small ethnological museum displaying numerous costumes and artefacts from all over Pakistan,I Islamabad is new Capital 37 years old well-planed city of Pakistan is lush green at the footsteps of Potohar hills. Evening back to hotel for dinner and overnight.
After breakfast in hotel at Rawalpindi drive to Besham, 265km, almost 6-7 hours drive, enroute we will visit Taxila Museum, further we will make a stop for lunch at Abbottabad, further drive to Besham, dinner and overnight in hotel.
Early in the morning we do our breakfast, drive via Karakoram highway to Karimabad, Karakoram highway is 8th wonder of the World. The Karakoram highway was constructed jointly by Chinese and Pakistanis, begun in 1960s and finally constructed in 1976 as a link road between Pakistan and China. Almost 385km 9-10 hours, from Besham to Karimabad. enroute we do our stop for lunch at Chilas, proceed to Karimabad, dinner and overnight in hotel at Karimabad.
Day-04: Karimabad 2500m
Early in the morning we drive to duiker for sun rising on top of some beautiful Mountains around Hunza and Nagar Valley, like Rakaposhi Peak 7788m Diran Peak 7266m Golden Peak,7027m Ultar Peak 7388m. Breakfast in Eagle Nest hotel duiker with some Panoramic view of Hunza and Nagar Valley. Drive back to Altit, visit 900 years old Altit Fort walk to Karimabad. Meet local people see the real culture of Hunzukoz, Lunch in local Restaurant in Karimabad, afternoon visit above 700 years old Baltit Fort, evening back to hotel for dinner and overnight.
Day-05: Karimabad-Shimshal 3100m
After breakfast at Karimabad Hunza. We drive towards Shimshal. It is the remotest area of the Hunza Valley, near the Chinese border, located on three hours driving distance from the Karamoram Highway, 53km Jeep road (accessible for the first time in October 2003 by Jeep). It is only accessible through a narrow, barrow gorge across the Passu area and Hunza River. Shimshal covers the largest territory of the Gojal of the Hunza. From its western reaches border by Hunza River. Its area extends as far as Baltistan to East and it northern Khunjerab River. demactes the frontier with China. Lunch dinner and overnight in Camp.
Day-06: Shimshal-Furzin 3360m
Early in the morning breakfast at Camp in Shimshal. We start trek towards Furzin, on the way we cross the Shimshal river to Bandsar Village, After an easy 2 hours walk we reach to Pamirthung. again here we cross the Pamirthung River by suspension bridge to Garsar, which is almost steep climbing. We do lunch at Garsar with a spectacular view of Yazghill glacier. Whitehorn, Dastagil Sar and other several Peaks, after lunch further trek to Furzin, total walk,5-7 hours.
Day-07: Furzin-Arbab Pariyan 3925m
Breakfast at Camp, Trek to Arbab Pariyan.7-8 hours, first 1 hour steep climb and then decent to Woochfurzin, here are some huts and we continue decent towards the hard part of the way to Pamirthung, Here we cross the bridge Chgichan Bridge. Mr. Chichan donated to build this Bridge and it is called Chichan Bridge. After lunch 2 hours climb to Parinsar,from here we could see Maidur Valley, Chashkin Peak(6000m) Minglik Sar 6050m, further walk to Arbab Pariyan. Dinner and overnight in Camp.
Day-08: Arbab Pariyan-Shuijerab 4350m
Breakfast at camp at Arbab Pariyan,Trek to Shuijerab,5-6 hours easy Trek,Shuijerab is a summer settlement of Shimshalies and each year shepherds stay 3 to 4 months here with their cattle,s sheep,s goats and Yaks.dinner and overnight at Camp.
Day-09: Shuijerab-Shimshal Pass 4745m
There is quite steep strenuous trek from shuijerab to Shimshal Pass and oward to Gulchinwask and here we reach lush green meadows a paradise for all adventure lovers,there are two beautiful lakes,lupwhooyee and Zaklayee lake. here we do our camp beside of lake.
Day-10,11,12: 3 Days for Acclimatization and Climbing.
We have 3 full days to Climb Manglik Sar, We start at mid night almost 2:30 AM to climb Minglik Sar, It will take 9-10 hours to reach summit and back. Please note that Manglik Sar is not demanding or technical mountaineering skills, You may need to know some basic climbing technique also required good physical fitness. From the summit you can see Mighty K2 8611m.Yashkun Garden7400m Baraldu Valley, Mustagh ranges, Pamir and Kanjut Sar 7765m. Back to base camp, overnight in Camp.
Day-13: Shimshal Pass-Shujerab 4350m
After breakfast at camp trek down to Shuijerab, 4-5 hours easy walk, dinner and overnight in camp.
Day-14: Shuijerab-Arbab Pariyan 3925m
Breakfast at camp, trek down to Arbab Pariyan, 4-5 hours walk, overnight in camp.
Day-15: Arbab Pariyan- Furzin 3360m
Breakfast at camp, trek down to Furzin, 4-5 hours walk, dinner and overnight in Camp
Day-16: Furzin -Shimshal 3100m
Morning we do our breakfast at camp, trek down to Shimshal,4-5 hours easy walk, afternoon visit Shimshal Village, meet local people, visit some old Traditional local houses, dinner and overnight at camp.
Early Morning after breakfast we drive to Gilgit, enroute we do our lunch at Rakaposhi view point, further drive to Gilgit, 6-7 hour drive from Shimshal to Gilgit, transfer to hotel for overnight.
Early Morning drive to Besham,330km. Almost 9-10 hour drive, enroute photo stop at Rock carving Chilas and Shatiyal, Lunch at Dassu, Dinner and overnight in hotel.
Breakfast in hotel at Besham, drive to Islamabad,6-7 hours. Transfer to hotel. evening free for shopping. Dinner and overnight in hotel.
Day-20: Fly homeland.
Transfer to Islamabad airport, Fly homeland, end of services.
What is include in service?
1. Liaison with ministry of tourism in Islamabad for permit process.
2. Process of import and export permit from ministry of tourism.
3. Assistance upon arrival and departure.
4. Briefing and de-briefing at Alpine Club of Pakistan.
5. Hotel accommodation as the per list given including all meals.
6. All meals during the Trek and at the base camp.
7. 15 kg baggage free during trek
8. All ground transfers as per itinerary.
9. Sleeping tents, mattresses .mess/kitchen tent with table/field stools and camping ground fees.
10. Kitchen equipment. crockery. cutlery. Fuel and related community gear.
11. Wages and basic kit of guide, Sirdar. Cook and low altitude porters.
12. Insurance of our field staff and low altitude porters.(except helicopter rescue).
13. Letter of guarantee on behalf of team/client for environmental bond.
14. Reconfirmation of air tickets.
What is not include in service?
1. Domestic air fare.
2. High altitude porters/any crew above B.C.
3. Tents. Sleeping bags, personal and climbing equipment of any kind beyond base camp including high altitude food and oxygen.
4. Medications ground evacuation and helicopter rescue charges of any kind.
5. Room services, laundry, beverages, personal phone calls and soft drinks.
6. Insurance liability of members and other under force majeure conditions.
7. Hiring HAPs, mail runner and any other crew as per requirement (wages and kit to be arranged by the team).
8. Permit, pollution and Environmental fee or any other fee required to be paid by Government of Pakistan.
9. Clearance of cargo before arrival of the team and clearing agent charges.
10. Any other services which is not mentioned at above given services includes.
11. Tips to field staff, drivers and porters.
At a Glance
|No. of Days:||20|
Islamabad: Envoy Hotel/ Grand Regency Hotel
Besham: PTDC Motel
Chilas: Panaroma Inn/Shangrilla Midway
Gilgit: PTDC Motel
Hunza: Hunza Embassy
- One Person: 2480-00 Euro
- More then 4 Persons: 1720-00 Euro
Fixed Departure 2018, Manglik Sar Peak
- Monday 18th June till Saturday 7th July 2018.
- Monday 9th July till Saturday 28 July 2018.
- Monday 30th July till Saturday 18th August 2018.
- Monday 27th August till Saturday 15th September 2018.