Nanga Parbat, the naked Mountain is the anchor peak of the Great Himalayas is the second highest peak in Pakistan. It has a bad connotation of the ‘Killer Mountain’ prompted the name because after Everest and Annapurna, this peak has claimed the lives of climbers. Nanga Parbat is counted the most difficult among the fourteen peaks on earth that exceed 8000 meters. The first ascent was done by Hermann Buhl of an Austro-German expedition in 1953 just after few weeks of Everest climbed by Sir Edmund Hillary. The enormity of this peak rested many memories as famous climber Reinhold Messner described Nanga Parbat attempt as a landmark in his life experience.
There are multiple access routs. Its sheer south flank is also called the Rupal face, which rises over 5000m from the ground culminating in an 8125m-ice summit, which is accessed via the Astor Valley.
The north or Raikot face a sheer drop of more than 7000m from the summit to the Indus River forms the world’s deepest gorge can be approached from the Diamir valley and the Fairy Meadows. For its enormity it is unparallel and a challenge for the challengers.
DAY 01 & 02 Arrival Rawalpindi/Islamabad
Transfer to hotel in Rawalpindi/Islamabad. After a short rest drive to Islamabad, Ministry of Tourism to complete the necessary formalities and obtain climbing permit.
DAY 03 Drive to Chilas.
Drive by road to Chilas, Upon arrival transfer to Hotel for overnight stay.
DAY 04 – 06 Chilas to Diamer Basecamp
Early in the morning drive from Chilas to Bunar Farms. Same day drive to Halalay Bridge (3-4 hours drive).
DAY 07 – 36 Reserved for Climbing activities
30 days of non guided climb will start from today.
DAY 37 – 39
Trek back to Hilalay Bridge and Drive to Chila
After an early breakfast leave the base camp for trek to Hilalay Bridge. From Hilalay Bridge drive by Jeeps to Bunar Farms, Bunar Farms to Chlilas – Rawalpindi/Islamabad.
DAY 40 RAWALPINDI
Upon arrival transfer to hotel in Rawalpindi/Islamabad. Evening sightseeing.
DAY 41 RAWALPINDI/ISLAMABAD
De-briefing at Ministry of Tourism Islamabad
Day 42: Transfer to Airport for next destination
What is include in Service?
- Liaison with ministry of tourism in Islamabad for permit process and measurement of Liaison officer.
- Process of import and export permit from ministry of tourism.
- Clearance of cargo before arrival of the team and its storage.
- Welcome reception and meeting at Alpine Club of Pakistan in Islamabad.
- Hotel accommodation and meals as per given hotels in itinerary.
- All meals during Trek and at base camp.
- All road transfers. And sightseeing as per itinerary. Porterage of 75 kg per person of expedition equipment and high altitude food etc. To BC and 50 kg per person on return from base camp.
- Sleeping tents, mattresses, mess, kitchen and toilet tent with tables, stools and camping ground fee.
- Kitchen equipment, crockery, cutlery, fuel and related community gear.
- Wages and basic kit of guide, Sardar, cook and assistant.
- Insurance of our field staff and low altitude porters (except helicopter rescue).
- Mail handling/ forwarding to BC.
- Reconfirmation of air ticket.
- All expenses of Liaison officer.
- Pollution fee 200 $
- CKNP fee 68 $ per person.
What is not include in Service?
- International air ticket and air port taxes.
- Visa fee to Pakistan and personal insurance of the client.
- Cargo fee and custom charges for import and export.
- Sleeping bags, personal clothing and climbing gear of any kind beyond base camp including high altitude food and oxygen.
- Room services, laundry, beverages, personal phone calls and soft drinks.
- Medications ground evacuations and helicopter rescue charges ( ca, 10,000 $) etc.
- Food above base camp for members and high altitude porters etc.
- Porters and staff tips.
- Any other services which is not mentioned in given Services include.
At a Glance
|No. of Days:||42|
Islamabad: Rejency Inn/ Grand Regency Hotel
Besham: PTDC Motel
Chilas: Panaroma Inn/Shangrilla Midway
- 28th June 2017
- 28 November 2017 (for winter expedition)
- Starting Price: 4095-00 Euro
- Maximum Price: 8175-00 Euro
- Recommended Route: Kinshofer