Pastore Peak (6209m) is located near Concordia and Broad Peak base camp, for climbing of Pastore Peak from base camp to summit it will take (10 to 12 hrs), Depending of fitness, experience of the climbers. The Concordia is junction of highest peaks on earth. There are cluster of peaks around Concordia, Pastore Peak is famous for its easy climb. The steep section of 60 degrees.
Arrival at Islamabad, transfer to hotel, Briefing at Alpine Club of Pakistan, afternoon city tour, evening back to hotel for overnight.
a) Fly to Skardu, only 45 min Flight from Islamabad to Skardu, transfer to hotel, afternoon sightseeing at Skardu Bazaar, evening back to hotel for dinner and overnight
b) If the flight not operate due to bad weather, Drive to Chilas,12-13 hrs by road via Karakoram highway. Stay at hotel in Chilas
Day-03: Chilas-Skardu Sightseeing.
Visit Sadpara Lake, and Kharpochu Fort at Skardu, or drive from Chilas to Skardu,6-7 hrs transfer to hotel, dinner and overnight in hotel.
Day-04: Askole (3048m)
After breakfast in hotel we set off for a drive on a 4WD Jeep to Askole, almost (6-7 hrs) drive from Skardu to Askole, dinner and overnight in tent.
Day-05: Askole-Jola (3124m)
After breakfast we will start our trek towards Jola, lunch at Korophon, further trek to Jola, the trail runs out of Askole with long stretch running obliquely along the slop, then crosses a deep gorge and rises through an enchanting landscape dotted with huge boulders. A short rock gorge and grassy plateau lead to the traverse of the Biafo. Lastly we reach our campsite at Jola. Dinner and overnight in tent.
Day-06: Jola-Paiju (3520m)
Start the day along an easy trail which gives way to track running obliquely along the slope, on steep and crumbly ground. On reaching Panamah Glacier, you will have trek for about an hour upstream to cross the swollen river of damordo, after the river crossing, easy trek until our lunch at Bardumal, which is an altitude of 3253m. After lunch further trek to Paiju, dinner and overnight in tent.
Day-07: Paiju Traditional rest day (3520m)
We have the full day at Paiju, for acclimatization in preparation for the hard journey on the Baltoro Glacier for next few days, In the evening local porters singing and dancing at camp fire. Overnight in tent.
Day-08: Paiju-Urdukas (4140m)
After breakfast we start our trek, after an hour leaving Paiju Camp, you will reach the terminal moraine of Baltoro Glacier which at the point is 2 km wide, Below your feet the Lungma river comes roaring out of a black hole at the base of glacier, Climb up into the Glacier and from here the track switches back and forth between the centre of the glacier and the lateral moraine at its edge after 5 hours walking we will reach Khoburse, 3850m. Here we do our lunch, further Trek to Urdukas, On the way we will have some magnificent views of Paiju Peak, Choricho Peak, Great Trango Tower, and Uli Biafo, overnight in tent.
Day-09: Urdukas-Gore II (4380m)
The longest and most exhausting stage across the Baltoro brings you into the harsh environment of the glacier, After leaving the grass of glaciers bank you will spend the night camping on the surface of Baltoro. You would be rewarded with full views of Gasherbrum IV(7925m)The Massive Masherbrum (7821m) Biarchedi (6760m) and elegant Muztagh Tower, (7273m).6-7 hrs Trek, dinner and overnight in tent.
Day-10: Gore II-Broad Peak Base Camp.(5080m)
This is a shorter and less tiring the preceding one, and it leads the most renowned cirque of Karakoram, where the Godwin Austin glacier flows into Baltoro from the north, from Gore II the trail at first moves to right bank of glacier and then returns to its centre, where its runs over a number of lofty and quite lengthy ice ridges, then continue almost at level as far as Concordia,4700m. We do our lunch with some good views of K2, Broad Peak, Gasherbrum IV, Mitre Peak and some other Peaks around Concordia, After lunch further trek to Broad Peak,5-6 hrs Trek from Gore II to Broad Peak basecamp. Dinner and overnight in tent.
Day-11: Broad Peak base Cam-Pastore Peak BC (5200m)
Walk to K2 base camp, afternoon Trek to Pastore Peak Base camp for overnight.
Day-12-13: Climbing Activities on Pastore Peak (6209m)
Two days reserve for climbing on Pastore Peak, which is not technical and also not so difficult to Climb. For climbing of Pastore Peak from base camp to Summit it will take(10-12 hrs) depending of fitness and experience of the climbers. The steep section of 60 degrees.
Day-14: Pastore BC-Concordia (4700m)
Trek back to Concordia, 3-4 hrs walk, lunch, dinner and overnight in tent.
Day-15: Concordia –Ali Camp (4140m)
After breakfast we start our trek towards Ali Camp,,4-5 hrs, 9,5km (5.010m) lunch dinner and overnight in camp.
Day-16: Ali Camp-Gondogoro La-Hispung.
Ascent to Hispung, Traverse of Gondogoro La Pass across 5.680m, a departure from Ali Camp at 2:00 AM. Lunch, Dinner and overnight in camp.
Day-17: Hispung-Dalsangpa. (4300m)
After breakfast in camp, we start our trek towards Dalsangpa, a descent of 6,8 km you will reach Dalsangpa at 4300m. We will have a stunning view of Masherbrum Peak 7821m and amazing Laila Peak 6096m. Lunch, Dinner and overnight in camp.
Day-18: Dalsangpa-Saicho (3330 m)
Breakfast in camp, further descent to Saicho at 3330m. You will probably need 3-4 hrs, beautiful landscape with wild roses. Meals and overnight in camp.
Day-19: Saicho- Hushe (3084 m)
After breakfast in camp, Trek to Hushe at 3.048m, a small village,9,3 km(4-5 hrs) you will reach Hushe, afternoon explore Hushe village, meet local people, and enjoy the beautiful landscape. Meals and overnight in camp. D-briefing at ministry of tourism office at Skardu, and afternoon free for shopping. Dinner and overnight in hotel.
Day-20: Hushe- Skardu.
After breakfast at Hushe, we drive by Jeeps to Skardu, via Khaplu, 5-6 hrs(112 km). Transfer to hotel, Afternoon free for relaxing or visit local bazaar, evening back to hotel for dinner and overnight.
- Fly to Islamabad with Pakistan International airline, transfer to hotel, D-briefing at ministry of tourism office, afternoon free for shopping. Dinner and overnight in hotel.
- If the flight not operate due to bad weather condition, drive to Chilas, 6-7 hrs. Overnight in hotel.
Free day at Islamabad or drive from Chilas to Islamabad.(12 hrs). Meals and overnight in hotel.
Day-23: Depart Homeland.
Fly homeland. End of services.
What is include in service?
1. Liaison with ministry of tourism in Islamabad for permit process.
2. Process of import and export permit from ministry of tourism.
3. Assistance upon arrival and departure.
4. Briefing and de-briefing at Alpine Club of Pakistan.
5. Hotel accommodation as the per list given including all meals.
6. All meals during the Trek and at the base camp.
7. 20 kg until Pastore peak base camp and 15 kg until Hushe.
8. All ground transfers as per itinerary.
9. Sleeping tents, mattresses .mess/kitchen tent with table/field stools and camping ground fees.
10. Kitchen equipment. crockery. cutlery. Fuel and related community gear.
11. Wages and basic kit of guide, Sirdar. Cook and low altitude porters.
12. Insurance of our field staff and low altitude porters.(except helicopter rescue).
13. Letter of guarantee on behalf of team/client for environmental bond.
14. Reconfirmation of air tickets.
What is not include in service?
1. Domestic air fare Islamabad to Skardu and back to Islamabad.
2. High altitude porters/any crew above B.C.
3. Tents. Sleeping bags, personal and climbing equipment of any kind beyond base camp including high altitude food and oxygen.
4. Medications ground evacuation and helicopter rescue charges of any kind.
5. Room services, laundry, beverages, personal phone calls and soft drinks.
6. Insurance liability of members and other under force majeure conditions.
7. Hiring HAPs, mail runner and any other crew as per requirement (wages and kit to be arranged by the team).
8. Permit, pollution and Environmental fee or any other fee required to be paid by Government of Pakistan.
9. Clearance of cargo before arrival of the team and clearing agent charges.
10. Any other services which is not mentioned at above given services includes.
11. Tips to field staff, drivers and porters.
At a Glance
|No. of Days:||23|
Islamabad: Envoy Hotel/ Grand Regency Hotel
Besham: PTDC Motel
Chilas: Panaroma Inn/Shangrilla Midway
Skardu: PTDC Motel/Concordia Motel