Rakaposhi, is a mountain in the Karakoram mountain range in Pakistan. It is situated in the Nagar Valley approximately 100 km north of the city of Gilgit in the Gilgit District of the Gilgit-Baltistan province of Pakistan. Rakaposhi means “Snow Covered” in the local language. Rakaposhi is also known as Dumani (“Mother of Mist”). It is ranked 27th highest in the world and 12th highest in Pakistan, but it is more popular for its beauty than its rank might suggest.
Rakaposhi was first climbed in 1958 by Mike Banks and Tom Patey, members of a British-Pakistani expedition, via the Southwest Spur/Ridge route. Both of them suffered minor frostbite during the ascent. Another climber slipped and fell on the descent and died during the night.
Day 01 : Islamabad
Arrive Islamabad international airport. Overnight will be in hotel.
Day 02 : Islamabad/Chilas
Fly to Gilgit or drive on Karakoram Highway to Chilas. (480km). Overnight at hotel
Day 03 : Minapin
The journey 6—7 hours from Chilas to Minapin 220km is on Karakorum Highway along the Indus, View point near Talichi to have a view of Nanga Parbat.
Day 04 : Minapin – Tagafari (3700m)
Trek to Tagafari trail through forest takes 5-6 hours with excellent views of Diran. Overnight in camp.
Day 05 : Tagafari –Base camp (3900m)
Trek to Kacheli takes 3-4 hours to reach Kacheli by crossing Diran glaciers. Overnight in camp.
Day 06-35 30 days for climbing activities.
Day 36 : Minapin – Karimabad (7-8 hrs trek / 45 min drive).
Trek down to Minapin and drive to Karimabad. Overnight at hotel.
Day 37 : Karimabad:
Free Day to explore Karimabad Hunza Valley.
Day 38 : Karimabad/Besham:
Drive to Besham (460km) on KKH it will take 13 to 14 hours. Overnight at hotel.
Day 39 : Besham/ Islamabad
Drive to Islamabad (270km), it will take 06 to 07 hours. Afternoon De:briefing at Alpine club of Pakistan Overnight at hotel.
Day 40 : Fly Out
Transfer to airport for your return flight home.
What is include in service?:
- Liaison with ministry of tourism in Islamabad for permit process and measurement of Liaison officer.
- Process of import and export permit from ministry of tourism.
- Clearance of cargo before arrival of the team and its storage.
- Welcome reception and meeting at Alpine Club of Pakistan in Islamabad.
- Hotel accommodation and meals as per given hotels in itinerary.
- All meals during Trek and at base camp.
- All road transfers. And sightseeing as per itinerary. Porterage of 75 kg per person of expedition equipment and high altitude food etc. To BC and 50 kg per person on return from base camp.
- Sleeping tents, mattresses, mess, kitchen and toilet tent with tables, stools and camping ground fee.
- Kitchen equipment, crockery, cutlery, fuel and related community gear.
- Wages and basic kit of guide, Sardar, cook and assistant.
- Insurance of our field staff and low altitude porters (except helicopter rescue).
- Mail handling/ forwarding to BC.
- Reconfirmation of air ticket.
- All expenses of Liaison officer.
- Pollution fee 200 $
- CKNP fee 68 $ per person.
What is not include in service?:
- International air ticket and air port taxes.
- Visa fee to Pakistan and personal insurance of the client.
- Cargo fee and custom charges for import and export.
- Sleeping bags, personal clothing and climbing gear of any kind beyond base camp including high altitude food and oxygen.
- Room services, laundry, beverages, personal phone calls and soft drinks.
- Medications ground evacuations and helicopter rescue charges ( ca, 10,000 $) etc.
- Food above base camp for members and high altitude porters etc.
- Porters and staff tips.
- Any other services which is not mentioned in given Services include.
At a Glance
|No. of Days:||40|
Islamabad: Envoy Hotel/ Grand Regency Hotel
Besham: PTDC Motel
Chilas: Panaroma Inn/Shangrilla Midway
Hunza: Hunza Embassy/Hunza Baltit Inn
Fixed Departure 2018, Rakaposhi Peak
- 9th July 2018