Spantik or Golden Peak is a mountain in Spantik-Sosbun Mountains subrange of Karakoram. Its northwest face features an exceptionally hard Climbing route known as the Golden Pillar, Its lies in between Nagar Valley near Hunza and Arandu Valley in Baltistan. Spantik was first climbed in 1955 by Karl Kramer,s German Expedition. Spantik offers charming climb. There are two prominent ridges South East and North West . South East is a long and demanding snow ridge with few sections of technical difficulty and little objective danger. The North West Golden Pillar is a massive combination of ice and rock .most recently Spantik has been a favorite of climbers for training themselves for higher objectives. lying to the south of the great Hispar glacier and standing above upper Chogolungma, Spantik offers an attractive climb.
The summit on clear days presents grand views of neighboring Rakaposhi, Diran Maluubiting ,Ultar Sar, Batura Group, and entire Shimshal Mountains, and K2 far beyond and many more. The scene is absolutely breathtaking.
Day 01: Islamabad.
Arrival at Islamabad and transfer to hotel, afternoon some rest drive to Alpine Club of Pakistan with your Guide to Get Permit, City tour of Rawalpindi &Islamabad.Overnight in hotel.
Day 02: Islamabad/Skardu/ Chilas.
Fly to Skardu.45 minutes flight to Skardu is a very thrilling and unique experience of flying between the towering icy peaks of mighty Himalayan and Karakoram mountain ranges. We may see the most spectacular views of Nanga Parbat, K2 etc. In case of flight cancellation(12-14 hrs)drive to Chilas(480km)on Karakoram Highway, Overnight at hotel.
Day 03: Chilas/Skardu.(2226m)
a.Free day at Skardu.
b.If you are driving, complete road journey (07-08hrs)to Skardu(275km). Enroute stop on a viewpoint near Thalichi to take a view of Nanga Parbat . Proceed to Skardu .upon arrival transfer to hotel for Overnight.
Day 04: Skardu/Arandu.
After breakfast in the hotel at Skardu, drive to Arandu, it will take 6-7 hrs by Jeep to Arandu village, En route we do our lunch, overnight at camp.
Day 05: Terk to Pukpen (3300m)
Breakfast in camp at Arandu,Trek to Pukpen,it takes 5-6 hrs to reach Pukpen, dinner, and overnight at camp.
Day 06: Trek to Khurumal(3500m)
It takes about (5-7 hrs) trekking to Khurumal, watching the miracle views of the pyramid of Spantik, passing through Manchinkera, which is a summer settlement of Khurumal, dinner, and overnight at camp.
Day 07: Khurumal/Bolucho(3800)
After breakfast in camp at Khurumal we start our Trek towards Bolucho, It is(4-5 hrs), Passing through the summer settlement of Gharincho and a small lake and enjoying the excellent views of Spantik and Laila Peaks we reach Bolucho,which is situated at the base of the Bolucho Glacier, dinner and overnight at camp.
Day 08: Bolucho to Spantik Base Camp.
After breakfast at Bolucho,we start our trek towards Base Camp, We leave the ablation valley and head on the Ice of the Chogolungma Glacier.(4-5hrs), dinner and overnight at camp.
Day 09 to Day 30: (for acclimatization and Climbing 21 days)
We have 21 days reserved for acclimatization and climbing, we will establish three high camps to climb Spantik, We will climb(8km) up to the origin of Chogo Lungma Glacier to set us camp I at(4600m).
Day 31: Spantik Base Camp/ Bolucho (3800m)
After breakfast Trek back to Bolucho 5-6 hrs overnight at Camp.
Day 32: Bolucho/ Arandu.
Early morning we do our breakfast in camp, drive to Skardu,(6-7 hrs), transfer to hotel, afternoon free for shopping or just walk around at Skardu bazaar, evening back to the hotel for dinner and overnight.
Day 33: Skardu/Islamabad /Chilas
a-After breakfast in the hotel, transfer to the airport Fly to Islamabad. (subject to weather conditions).overnight in the hotel at Islamabad.
b-In case of flight cancellation drive to Chilas,(7-8 hrs)dinner and overnight at hotel.
Day 34: Islamabad
a-Sightseeing and shopping day at Islamabad. overnight in the hotel.
b-In case of driving, complete road journey from Chilas to Islamabad. overnight at hotel.
Day 35: Fly homeland.
Transfer to the airport for homeland flight, end of services and goodbye.
What is included in Service?
- Liaison with the ministry of tourism in Islamabad for permit process and measurement of Liaison officer.
- The process of import and export permit from the ministry of tourism.
- Clearance of cargo before the arrival of the team and its storage.
- Welcome reception and meeting at Alpine Club of Pakistan in Islamabad.
- Hotel accommodation and meals as per given hotels in the itinerary.
- All meals during Trek and at base camp.
- All road transfers. And sightseeing as per itinerary. Porterage of 75 kg per person of expedition equipment and high altitude food etc. To BC and 50 kg per person on return from base camp.
- Sleeping tents, mattresses, mess, kitchen and toilet tent with tables, stools and camping ground fee.
- Kitchen equipment, crockery, cutlery, fuel, and related community gear.
- Wages and basic kit of the guide, Sardar, cook, and assistant.
- Insurance of our field staff and low altitude porters (except helicopter rescue).
- Mail handling/ forwarding to BC.
- Reconfirmation of the air ticket.
- All expenses of Liaison officer.
- Pollution fee 200 $
- CKNP fee 68 $ per person.
What is not included in Service?
- International air ticket and airport taxes.
- Visa fee to Pakistan and personal insurance of the client.
- Cargo fee and customs charges for import and export.
- Sleeping bags, personal clothing and climbing gear of any kind beyond base camp including high altitude food and oxygen.
- Room services, laundry, beverages, personal phone calls, and soft drinks.
- Medications ground evacuations and helicopter rescue charges ( ca, 10,000 $) etc.
- Food above base camp for members and high altitude porters etc.
- Porters and staff tips.
- Any other services which is not mentioned in given Services include.
At a Glance
|No. of Days:||35|
Islamabad: Envoy Hotel/ Grand Regency Hotel
Besham: PTDC Motel
Chilas: Panaroma Inn/Shangrilla Midway
Skardu: PTDC/Concordia Motel