The Trango Towers are a group of dramatic granite spires located on the north side of the Baltoro Glacier, in Baltistan, a district of the Gilgit-Baltistan region of Pakistan (formerly Northern Areas). They are part of the Baltoro Muztagh, a subrange of the Karakoram range. The Towers offer some of the largest cliffs and most challenging rock climbing in the world. The highest point in the group is the summit of Great Trango Tower at 6,286 m (20,608 ft). The east face of the Great Trango Tower features the world’s greatest nearly vertical drop.
All of the Trango Towers lie on a ridge, trending northwest-southeast, between the Trango Glacier on the west and the Dunge Glacier on the east. Great Trango itself is a large massif, with four identifiable summits: Main (6,286 m), South or Southwest (circa 6,250 m), East (6,231 m), and West (6,223 m). It is a complex combination of steep snow/ice gullies, steeper rock faces, and vertical to overhanging headwalls, topped by a snowy ridge system.
Just northwest of Great Trango is the Trango Tower (6,239 m), often called “Nameless Tower”. This is a very large, pointed, rather symmetrical spire which juts 1000 m out of the ridgeline. North of Trango Tower is a smaller rock spire known as “Trango Monk.” To the north of this feature, the ridge becomes less rocky and loses the large granite walls that distinguish the Trango Towers group and make them so attractive to climbers; however the summits do get higher. These summits are not usually considered part of the Trango Towers group, though they share the Trango name. Trango II (6,327 m) lies northwest of the Monk, and the highest summit on the ridge, Trango Ri (6,363 m), lies northwest of Trango II.
Just southeast of Great Trango (really a part of its southeast ridge) is the Trango Pulpit (6,050m), whose walls present similar climbing challenges to those of Great Trango itself. Further to the south is Trango Castle (5,753 m), the last large peak along the ridge before the Baltoro Glacier.
Day 08-34 : climbing activities
Day 35: Trek back to Baldumal
Day 36:Trek back to Askoli
Day 37: Drives to Skardu
Day 38: Fly to Islamabad/Drive to Chilas through KKH.
Day 39: ISLAMABAD
Day 40: ISLAMABAD/ONWARD
What is include in service?:
- Liaison with ministry of tourism in Islamabad for permit process and measurement of Liaison officer.
- Process of import and export permit from ministry of tourism.
- Clearance of cargo before arrival of the team and its storage.
- Welcome reception and meeting at Alpine Club of Pakistan in Islamabad.
- Hotel accommodation and meals as per given hotels in itinerary.
- All meals during Trek and at base camp.
- All road transfers. And sightseeing as per itinerary. Porterage of 75 kg per person of expedition equipment and high altitude food etc. To BC and 50 kg per person on return from base camp.
- Sleeping tents, mattresses, mess, kitchen and toilet tent with tables, stools and camping ground fee.
- Kitchen equipment, crockery, cutlery, fuel and related community gear.
- Wages and basic kit of guide, Sardar, cook and assistant.
- Insurance of our field staff and low altitude porters (except helicopter rescue).
- Mail handling/ forwarding to BC.
- Reconfirmation of air ticket.
- All expenses of Liaison officer.
- Pollution fee 200 $
- CKNP fee 68 $ per person.
What is not include in service?:
- International air ticket and air port taxes.
- Visa fee to Pakistan and personal insurance of the client.
- Cargo fee and custom charges for import and export.
- Sleeping bags, personal clothing and climbing gear of any kind beyond base camp including high altitude food and oxygen.
- Room services, laundry, beverages, personal phone calls and soft drinks.
- Medications ground evacuations and helicopter rescue charges ( ca, 10,000 $) etc.
- Food above base camp for members and high altitude porters etc.
- Porters and staff tips.
- Any other services which is not mentioned in given Services include.
At a Glance
|No. of Days:||40|
Islamabad: Rejency Inn/ Grand Regency Hotel
Besham: PTDC Motel
Chilas: Panaroma Inn/Shangrilla Midway
Skardu: PTDC/Concordia Motel
- 20 June 2017
- 4th July 2017
- Starting Price: 2650-00 Euro
- Maximum Price: 3700-00 Euro
- Recommended Route: