This trek leads to the scenic Karakoram mountains of the Hunza valley, offering a traverse from Passu Glacier to Batura Glacier (45 km long).. Patun das (4575m) is the highest point of the venture with beautiful glaciers flowing on either sides. This meadow offers magnificent views of the Passu group (7284-7500m), Batura group (7500-7785m),Rakaposhi (7788m), Shishpar peak (7619m), and countless other peaks towering above the Hunza valley.
The trek starts from Ghulkin village, a short jeep ride from Gulmit. Traversing Ghulkin glacier, trek along Borit Lake to Passuger and then to Ludgaracross Passu glacier. From here, a steep and tiring trek to Patungdas will be rewarded by breathtaking views of the surrounding mountains. After spending one day of leisure at this vista point, descend to Summer house on the Baturaside and then on to Passu village. You are now on the KKH and you can catch your way twards Khunjarab pass. Now catch your way back to Hunza to enjoy the magnificient beauty of the valley with breathtaking views in the environs. The two old forts that add beauty to Hunza valley must be visited. Now catch your way back to Islamabad and take a day tour of the city because you have to fly the next day.
Day 1 Arrival to Islamabad. (Hotel)
Day 2 Fly to Gilgit/ drive to Besham. (Hotel)
Day 3 Drive to Gulmit. (Hotel)
Day 4 Drive to Borit Lake and trek up to Passu Gar. (Camp)
Day 5 Trek to Luzdur. (Camp)
Day 6 Trek to Patungdas. (Camp)
Day 7 Rest day and day hike
Day 8 Descend Summer House campsite. (Camp)
Day 9 Descend to Gulmit. (Hotel)
Day 10 Excursion to Khunjerab Pass and back to Karimabad. (Hotel)
Day 11 Visit Altit and Baltit forts. (Hotel)
Day 12 Drive to Gilgit. (Hotel)
Day 13 Fly to Islamabad/drive to Besham (Hotel)
Day 14 Free day to visit Faisal Mosque / continue drive from Besham to Islamabad. (Hotel)
Day 15 Fly back homeland, end of services
What is include in service?
- Hotel accommodation as the per list provided.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner in hotels and during Trek.
- Road transfers between airport/ hotel and within the city as per itinerary.
- Insurance of our field staff and low altitude porters( except helicopter rescue).
- Wages and basic kit of Guide, cook, and low altitude porters.
- Kitchen equipment, crockery. cutlery, fuel and related community gear.
- Sleeping tents, mattresses, mess tent, kitchen tent, table and camping ground fee.
- 13 kg personal baggage free during Trek.
- 50 USD per person trekking permit fee.
What is not include in service?
- International airfare
- Insurance liability of members and other under force majeure conditions.
- Any other services which are not mentioned in services include.
- Room services, laundry, beverages, personal phone calls.
- Medication ground evacuations and helicopter rescue charges of any kind.
- Visa fee
- Tips for guide, cook and kitchen staff.
At a Glance
|No. of Days:||15|
Islamabad: Rejency Inn/ Grand Regency Hotel
Besham: PTDC Motel
Chilas: Panaroma Inn/Shangrilla Midway
Gilgit: PTDC Motel
Hunza: Hunza Embassy
Gulmit: Marcopolo Inn/Gulmit Continental